We are looking for someone amazing to join the Oak & Lily team.
Oak & Lily is a full service floral boutique and event florist and we are looking for a Shop & Event Assistant to join our team.
The ideal candidate is friendly, organized, and creative, loves flowers and is great with people.
This position works closely with the owner and head designer to ensure the fulfillment of Oak & Lily’s core values of natural beauty, inspiration, and celebration, with the mission to provide unique, quality designs and products that communicate personal sentiments and bring beauty into life and the moments that make it special.
He /she must be able to:
- work well under pressure and multi task in a fast paced environment
- work well alone and as part of a team
- be familiar with and create, or learn to create, Oak & Lily’s signature floral designs
- provide extraordinary customer service
- drive deliveries, sometimes in large cargo vans
- lift heavy things, climb stairs and ladders, spend long periods standing
- make a positive contribution to the team
- be available 24-40 hours a week, including weekends
Responsibilities will include:
- shop maintenance, inventory organization and displays
- customer assistance
- shop opening and closing duties
- floral design, floral processing and ordering, plant care
- event administration and production
Skills and Experience Required:
- floral design experience/knowledge, is an asset but not necessary
- exceptional customer service, experience is an asset
- valid driver’s license, is necessary
- experience in a creative field (photography, graphic design, fine arts, etc.), an asset
- basic tech skills and experience, computer literacy, is necessary
- familiar with the administration of WordPress and social media platforms, an asset
- basic graphic design and photography knowledge/skills, an asset
Personal Qualities and Characteristics:
- teachable and eager to learn, open to correction and improvement of skills and responsibilities
- responsible, dependable, and organized
- friendly and outgoing, with a sense of humour
- creative, able to contribute new ideas and designs, has an eye for details
- professional with a positive attitude
- hard working and willing to go above and beyond to support the team
- takes pride in a job well done, is able to provide constructive feedback on processes in order to constantly seek improvement
- problem solves independently
Interested candidates are invited to apply by email to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter telling us what makes them the perfect fit for our team, and a portfolio of (and/or links to) their creative work by Monday, August 14th, 2017. Previous applicants are invited to reapply.
We can’t wait to meet you!